Wednesday, November 29, 2006

From Laurel Peterson (Rippey) Grand Niece to Dorothy

I remember Dorothy because she was very close to my grandmother, Grace Soutar. Dorothy lived in New York City most of her adult life. She often spent weekends visiting Grace in Montclair.

I remember Dorothy as always being very kind and jovial, always finding something to laugh about. I liked her very much.

I have a beautiful painting hanging in my home which Dorothy painted. It is an acrylic ocean scene. Visitors have admired it asking, "Who is the artist Dorothy?" - as she did not sign her full name.

I will always remember your smiling face, Aunt Dorothy. Goodbye for now.

1 comment:

Michael Gusweller said...

I remeber Dorothy cause she was so close to my father James A. ,they use to nid-pick back and fourth all the time. But no mater how much they use to fight they were always together.When she retired she move from N.Y.C. to little egg harbor,and after my mother died my father move up equmunik Pa. Dorothy moved soon after in to the old Depp house. Where she spent the the rest of her days in northern Pa. The last time I saw her was a yaer before she deied my father used to see her as much as he could. When we went to see her she only could remeber my wife and I when we were dating so she looked at me with a seprised look and said mike you got fat!My wife Lisa told her we were married for 26 years and she was the god mother of our daugther Tara,still with a confused look on her face she said oh I am and she smiled.I will alway remeber Dorothy for the love she had for her family Grace ,Florence and Jim and my mother and of her nieces and nefews. will love you always aunt Dorothy.